Just before heading to the gym for your daily workout, give a try to this protein monster energy balls made of oats, almonds, honey, and your favorite protein powder!
- 1¼ cup – old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons – shredded coconut
- ½ cup – sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon – hemp seeds, shelled (optional)
- 1 scoop – whey protein powder
- ½ cup – honey
- ½ cup – dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup – peanut butter
In a medium bowl add the oats, coconut, almonds, hemp seeds, and protein powder. Stir until well distributed. Add the honey, apricots and peanut butter and stir well. Put mixing bowl into the refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then roll into rounded balls. When chilled, they can last about 5 days.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.