The raw manuka honey from Kiva is one of the most highly valued manuka honey around. In this review of Kiva’s manuka honey, I’m going to look closely at the two grades of manuka honey they ‘re selling and whether I think it’s up to the hype.
Kiva is a health food company specializing in superfoods from around the world. They put tremendous effort into ensuring that their honey for the manuka is:
- Sourced directly from local New Zealand beekeepers
- Harvested using sustainable and eco-friendly practices
- Minimally processed
Kiva Manuka Honey Grades
Kiva provides a 15 + UMF and 20 + UMF manuka honey which is both untreated.
The UMF grading system starts at UMF 5 + level and can commonly be found up to UMF 20 +, so Kiva’s manuka honey is at the UMF scale’s higher end.
- UMF 15+ certified RAW Manuka Honey – equivalent to methylglyoxal (MGO 514+)
- GENUINE MANUKA HONEY: Harvested from the remote and pristine hills, forest, and coastal areas of New Zealand
- Buying UMF rated Manuka honey protects you from low-grade honey (often labeled ‘active’ or ‘bio-active’)
- Each batch is Independently Tested, Verified and Traceable
- Product of New Zealand – 8.8 oz bottle / 250ml
Also, See Trader Joe’s Manuka Honey